What would Jesus expect from us when we’re selling? Why is that important?
When speaking of our faith in sales, I would say some top thoughts come to mind.
1. We must be authentic.
2. We must be trustworthy.
3. We must approach a client with the mindset of helping them, not just looking to make a quick sale.
4. Productivity – give your best!
1. Salespeople get a bad rep because we are “selling something,” but quite honestly, the only thing I want to do is have a conversation. Were that conversation to lead to a sell, we have already solidified that our product and service is worthwhile to that customer, whether B2B or B2C. We must be authentic in our services, because if not, we have nothing to stand on or for.
2. Trustworthy – the bottom line – treat others as you wish to be treated!
3. Helping the client – the product we provide must help the client, and it is our job to solve the problems, pain points they are experiencing. If we do that, we will build long-lasting relationships that go farther than the sale itself!
4. Productivity – as stated in Colossians 3:23, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters…”